Good grief, it’s been a busy month for us here at Crytivo Games. We’ve been cleaning our repositories, migrating various assets, and improving just about everything without pause. There are no brakes on the dev train! This kind of work will help us to keep our project squeaky clean and as
You may recall our plans to implement a far more advanced AI system in the game, which we’re happy to announce is coming together quite nicely. You can read a great piece about it here. We also want to remind you that we will very likely be skipping the next scheduled patch date, because we’re going through a vital system update that will allow us to introduce the following: road systems, load/save system, more advanced AI, the reintroduction of animals, hunting, and Nugget exploration.
As you can see, a lot of systems are heavily dependent on our next major update, and we want to ensure that we have enough time to do it right. We hope for your support and understanding in this matter.
Without further ado, let’s get back to the cool stuff! In today’s patch, we will be reintroducing seasons to the game. Seasons are now far more accurate and come equipped with new controls that allow us to expand the system in the future. You will soon begin to see the planet changing like never before, simulated in a lifelike manner. We have also added the Forecast Tower, which works alongside the new season system. In the future, the Forecast Tower will warn you about upcoming natural disasters, such as storms, earthquakes, tornadoes, and so on. At this moment, the Forecaster will only notify you about season changes by blowing a loud horn from atop their tower.
Forecast Towers will help you to understand the planet’s temperature shifts and predict future events. It’s still very much a work in progress, but we’re happy to roll out our initial system to give you a chance to mess around with it and leave us some feedback on our forums.
Of course, there’s always a lot more in every patch, so check out the full list of changes below:
- Localization fixes. Sometimes default language was not recognized properly.
- Fixed issue where certain columns in the Nugget Panel List would not
- Fix for issue where sometimes a tombstone would show a negative birth year.
- We now hide unused kids slots in
. Residential Building Panel
- Fixed issue where objects such as bushes and other props wouldn’t
cleaned properly on building placement. been
- Fixed issue where you can still click on buildings and open their panels when you are on the God Power panel.
- Fixed water disappearing in
when you look at it at certain angles. reservoir
- Fixed a rare occurrence that after mating, no kid will be produced and the mating animation over the hut will not stop,
the nuggets leave the hut. although
- Fixed bug when you select
from construction menu while you need to place epicenter on the planet. That was making Epicenter Disappear and broke building . game
- Fixed long transition time at start of the game between Crytivo Games Logo and Main Menu.
- Fixed icons for fisherman hut and forecaster tower building panel.
- Fixed flickering during Audio Adjustments in the Settings.
- Fixed a game crash issue caused by a nugget dying as a building's construction was being completed
- Fixed issues with mating where
would be inconsistent between games (continued WIP). population growth rate
- Fixed an issue where player placing a building was unable to close window panels blocking
- Fixed issue with manual
not working. mating
- Fixed issue with
where the buttons were not clickable. manual mating panel
- Forecast Tower. Seasons
only when Forecast Tower now revealed and functioning properly. This building will alert player in the future about upcoming build events such as Tornados, Earthquakes, Winter/Summer Storms and etc. This building will need to be linked with more systems in the future as so it is still WIP. Forecast tower play horn sound when planet . season changes
carried by Nugget now shows up in his ID card. Resources
- More obvious No Water indications added to the Buildings Control Panels.
- Nuggets now have
above them if they are assigned to a building that doesn’t have enough resources to function properly. proper icons
- Fishing Tutorial
- New Season Engine, redesigned Season Generation Mechanics. We now have 4 Seasons with 8 periods total per full Season Cycle. Some seasons will be longer than others,
will change them dynamically. Some work was done to alter season length in the future if planet affected by aggressive resource utilization. system
- New News Message: No Herbs Around. Triggered when all herbs
by Witch Doctor in the reachable area. was collected
- Worker ID card teen timer icon update.
- Eatery warehouse circles updated with icons instead of text, because it was problematic when it comes to switching languages.
- Fishing hut updated icons instead of texts in storage circles.
- No water / no electricity red ring and red top bar animations were added to all building panels.
- Farm Panel added icon to raw food
- Worker ID card update. Now you will be able to see what Nugget is carrying and how many.
now icons instead of text. Witch Doctor panel also have
- Add dish number
main UI to
- Forecast panel implemented.
- Farm panel, some minor visual adjustments. Added missing sounds to buttons.
- Seasons panel was redesigned slightly so it could hold new seasons mechanics.
- Added status icons for Nuggets to show that their workspace is not working.
- Upgraded worker ID card tooltips. There is explanation for each bar now.
- Water pump extended tooltips added with detailed explanation. Consumption panel was removed
it is not used. since in pump
- Fishing hut panel
. We added new extended upgrade and removed tooltips the way consumption panel since it is not used in this panel (in this era). by
- Water well added
with extended description. tooltips
- Main UI overview tutorial was updated to reflect
. seasons panel change
- Updated water and some other building tutorials to match changed mechanics.
- Decreased Farm Plot preparation time from 40 to 30
- The amount of food required to cook 1 dish has been decreased from 2 to 1
- When Nuggets eat cooked food from the eatery their hunger reduction speed is slowed down 2x times.
changed to 12 from 10 Eatery Water Refill rate
- Max nugget population allowed is now set to 75.
- Max number of children alive at once
to 4 (except when using Inconceivable god powers) is now set
Fixed typos in construction menu.
Fixed Hover Over Effects on ESC Menu Categories.
Disabled F1 Help screen - Outdated
Corrected color tone on Shaman Hut.
Female Nuggets won't
Nuggets won’t complain about pumps when thirsty anymore.
Please leave us your comments below!
Thank you Crytivo Games Team.