Not only are there a gazillion bug fixes and game stability improvements, we also completely reworked the planet Object Distribution System. Now planets will have more flora variation and the distribution of objects on the planet is more natural/organic-looking. This was a very challenging task for our team, and it took a lot of time and effort during its development over the past few months. We're ecstatic to finally let you enjoy it in all its glory. However, this is not the only highlight of this patch
Lastly, we are also adding in the Cemetery build
Next on the
- Resolved mating issue where the population would not exceed 40+ Nuggets in a game
- Corrected bug where a Nugget’s house placement occasionally overlapped other buildings
- Fixed issue where lakes were not spread evenly across the planet
- The huts will no longer float above the ground
- Mountains can no longer be selected
- Modified Nugget damage-taking to no longer be an instant kill. They will still *die*, but much slower.
- The camera follows a Nugget if their thumbnail is clicked on the Nugget’s ID Card
- Fixed a bug where Nuggets got stuck at Eateries
- Fixed Nugget sorting issues in the Epicenter Nuggets List
- God Intervention VFX: effect area plane no longer clips through the ground
- Multiple decals under some buildings, fixed
- Pump animations will now stop when there is no more water in the lake
- Water Pumps will subtract the exact amount of Water Points as the Epicenter needs. In the past, Water Pumps were depleting water in lakes at a rate of 5 even if Epicenter needed only 2.
- Fixed issue where you would see the Critical Message “Water Pump output is lower than Epicenter Water Usage” even when there is water in the Water Reservoirs.
- Couriers will now serve Eateries and Farms, as well
- Fixed the flickering terrain, snow on startup
- Tree collision physics have been improved
- Thrown rocks should no longer
“into” the planet (clipping) fall
- Fixed issue where hitting ESC while holding an object (via God Powers) would cause the object to float
- Complete Farm redesign: including new UI, 3D model, crops, and animations
- Added new tutorials for: Nuggets overview, Nugget ID card, Farm, Cemetery, Constructors Hut, and 2 new screens for the UI overview
- Added ‘skip current tutorial’ option, so you can skip only those parts you’ve already seen
- Introducing new flora on the planet: Broadleaf, Broadleaf Dead, Birch Tree, Birch tree Dead, Maple Tree, Pine Tree
- Introducing Fruit Bushes: Blueberry, Melon, Panda Eyes, Raspberry, Watermelon
- New news message when there is no Water Pump and Nuggets are Thirsty and when there are no Wells or Eateries built
- When assigning a Nugget to a Key Building, the Nugget list panel will automatically sort by unassigned Nuggets first. This allows the user to find available Nuggets to assign easier.
- New building: Cemetery (phase 1). The departed will be buried with some humor here.
- Seasons panel and planet name tooltips fixed
- Game intro tutorial, added sounds to buttons, deleted useless tooltips
temperature readability fixed stash
- News History Log panel upgraded.
won’t be cut short. Changed anchoring of the panel. Replaced text with an icon for ‘all’ messages. Text
- New Construction Site panel. Slightly redesigned, more compact.
- Constructor’s Hut panel upgrade: Added visual feedback to empty worker slots. Added sounds to panels. Deleted unnecessary tooltips.
- Nuggets list panel: hover visual feedback added. Also assigned sounds
- Nuggets list panel: added info about Thirst
- Stash Panel and Water Reservoir temperature visuals upgraded
- Worker ID card upgrade: changed
, assigned proper sound clips, removed unnecessary tooltips, reintroduced the follow upon clicking on the Nugget portrait font
- New Farm panel implementation
- Loading screen upgrades - changed the logo
- New construction menu panel implementation
- Well, Pump, and Reservoir panels have button sounds now. Deleted unnecessary tooltips.
- Distribution center panel update: Added worker slots visual feedback, changed
, assigned new sound script, and added proper sound clips to buttons font
- Eatery panel update: Also added the new sound script and assigned proper sound clips to buttons. Updated worker slots visual feedback on hover.
- Added more options to the Audio Settings menu, like the Nugget volume and message tone selection for both the regular and critical news messages
- Food separated from
. Now all food/fruit will grow on the Fruit Bushes. trees
- Camera speed Increased when holding shift button
- The game now starts in Spring, rather than Summer
- Fruit on
will die if the temperature goes below -5c/ 23f, or above 50c/122f bushes
- Fruit on
will regrow 10 minutes after dying or being collected bushes
- Pump Output Power increased from 5 to 10
- Each Fruit Bush holds 15 Food points
- Trees now hold 5 Wood points
- Tree Health now 20 HP
- Increased Water Reservoir Max Water Level to 1500
- Decreased Hunger and Thirst Damage per second from 1 to 0.5
- Lowered Resources at the beginning of the game to Food: 30, Wood: 30, Stone: 30
- Increased amount of water each Lake can hold from 100,000 to 500,000
- Decreased food needed for 1 dish in
to 5 points of food Eatery
- Decreased cooking time at Eatery from 25 to 15 seconds.
- Day / Night Cycle is a little longer now.
- Increased time speedup from 2x to 4x (can be triggered by the Numpad’s + button on a keyboard)
- Any building can be built by a Laborer Nugget now. Before, we had some buildings that required Constructors/Engineers only to be constructed.
- Nuggets Hunger depletion changed from 0.001 to 0.0015 per second
- Nuggets Thirst depletion changed from 0.0015 to 0.002 per second
- Each Farm plot needs 5 wood and 5 stone to be built
time 80 Seconds (This is the time when Crop needs to be harvested, otherwise it will start to wither) Crop ripening
strength 0.25 point loss of food per second Crop withering
- Nugget aging speed increased from 2 minutes to 1 minute (Nuggets will live a little shorter now). Use Cemeteries to account for this.
- Crop Food Yield loss per each degree out of the crop’s optimal temperature range is 0.25 from food yield per second
Updated Farm Crops
Panda Brain Plum (Food Yield: 40. Growing Time: 6 Minutes)
Min Temp: -20c/-4f Max Temp: 60c/140f
The most resilient crop of them all. These plums can handle extreme temperatures on either end of the thermometer, but their food yield is very low considering how long they take to grow. Eating Panda Brains
Min Temp: 5c/41f Max Temp: 45c/113f
Listen here, bros and
Juicy Acorn (Yield: 100. Time: 4 Minutes)
Min Temp: 0c/32f Max Temp: 50c/122f
Juicy Acorns are excellent all-rounders. They are able to grow quickly and optimally in a large temperature range, while also outputting a reasonable amount of food.
Dragon Egg Fruit (Yield: 100. Time: 4 Minutes)
Min Temp: -15c/5f Max Temp: 5c/41f
Crystalline Crabapple (Yield: 400. Time: 12 Minutes)
Min Temp: 0c/32f Max Temp: 50c/122f
A fruit that shatters like a fragile gem in the mouth, melting into a delicious and nutritious liquid. Someone must have decided that a shiny rock looked good enough to eat. They were right. This fruit yields the highest food output, but also takes
Min Temp: -10c/14f Max Temp: 50c/122f
A name that only an unfortunate Nugget could conceive. Fortunately, its toxins can be neutralized through a relatively simple process, but the name remains to honor its founder. It outputs very little food, but it’s such a pest that it grows in almost any climate at an alarming rate.
- Further load time improvements
- More work to smooth the
(stutter reduction) framerate
- Nugget selection panel no longer causes massive FPS drops
- Several additional meshes preloaded to reduce spawn-time
- Rebuilt ‘Object Distribution’ system for generating
- Added ability to skip some or all of the tutorials
- Added ‘local temperature’ readout to object selection tooltips
- Mountain texture adjustments. Looks sharper up close.
- Reworked the camera controls: both zoom and move to/follow functions were rewritten to be much smoother and more consistent, as well as some follow-through on the mouse drag so that it keeps spinning after quick drags
- God Trail on mouse cursor (Can be turned On or Off from the Settings Menu)
- Added temperature readout options (
: switch between Celsius & Fahrenheit) eg
- Nugget age
now more precise and controllable timespans
- The light axis now tilts up and down to closely mimic the way Earth’s axis
to seasonal changes in the amount of daylight different areas get leads
- Added a zoom, sensitivity slider to the game options menu.
- Birch Tree
- Dead Birch Tree
- Dead Broadleaf Tree
- Maple Tree
- Blueberry Bush
- Melon Bush
- Water Melon Bush
- Panda Eyes Bush
- Raspberry Bush
- Cemetery Building
- Farm Building
- News Panel buttons have sound now
- Decreased distance that thunder sound can be heard from
- Decreased distance that Nugget footsteps can be heard. Also toned down volume overall.
- Made wind
a little louder during fast camera movement sound
- Customizable news message tones
- All animals have been disabled temporarily. Animal system will go through a major redesign that will allow us to have more animals on the planet with overall better performance.
- In rare instances when a Nugget is attempting to harvest a rock or tree it should not be able to reach, there will be
frameratestutter while the Nugget attempts a more thorough search
- Some buildings are missing ground decals. This system is going through a major redesign.
- Lakes can sometimes spawn halfway into other bodies of water (new mini-game called lake invaders)
- On occasion,
Nuggetscan take too many resources to a building that is under construction
Hello Creators, Geoffrey (aka ‘
As some of you may have noticed, we’ve had a few issues with our previous version. Things like the following:
All lakes were on one side of the planet, Objects had a bad habit of overlappingOr the horribly artificial straight lines everywhere! Not to mention… only one type of tree in a
Thanks to nearly two months of hard work,
Mixed tree species? What are we crazy?
Now, this is only a small peek at some of the more obvious advantages of the system, a huge amount of work was put into making the entire thing more controllable on the development side as well… ...
Finally, with this patch we’ve increased the radius of our planet by about fifteen percent, so not only do you get more play space, but you get a LOT more objects in there too. As I’m a bit of a performance-focused fellow, I’ve tried very hard to make sure the total load time is as good, if not better than the previous system and if you’re lucky enough to have a multi-core CPU, we’ll use extra threads to make it load even faster!
So with that, I’ll get back to work. Have fun Creators!
MINI_BLOG by Brad
TREES AND FANCY SHADER
We have to render a lot of trees on the planet while making them look good and perform well given the amount required to populate the planet.
Vertex color channels and what they do on each tree.
red= tells each tree type what color pickerto sample from.
green= tells what channel on the texture sheet it should be samplingfrom
blue= masks out the trunk fromthe rest of the tree.
alpha= tells what is affected by wind and how powerful it is "recently added in what verts should be affected by interactivity.
The trees all share a single texture atlas and the colors are made up
Compared to the first version of the trees, the overhead has been reduced. One reason for this is the
Thank you All!
Thank you all for being a part of this journey, and we hope you enjoy all of the additions in the new patch. In the meantime, we’ll continue working hard on making The Universim even bigger and brighter! Don't forget to leave our
Crytivo Games Crew